Wednesday 3 October 2018

Life Drawing Session 1

On Monday we finally began life drawing.
This was my first time ever actually doing a life drawing, so I expected to crash and burn completely.

To start off, we had to draw multiple small drawings within a couple minuets each. Some drawings had a complication to them, such as you wasn't allowed to let your pencil leave the paper or you had to extend your arm and not bend it.

The next challenge had us jumping from easel to easel, so that we saw the model from every possible angle and everyone had drawn on all easels.


Next, we had to simply draw the model as she sat on a stool.


After this, we was asked that the next couple drawings fill the page completely and since all I had was a blunt pencil, I had to borrow some charcoal.



The last drawing was another charcoal one. After 10 minuets, we were then asked to draw various features as practice.


And after that, the first session of life drawing was completed.
To be honest, it was a lot less awkward than I thought it'd be.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Terry - congrats on your first set of drawings - I can see from those studies wherein the model's face is turned from us show real potential in terms of your ability to see and draw what's in front of you! Well done, mister!

    ReplyDelete

Major - Reflective Statement

I won't lie, if I really wanted to I could make this reflective statement just be a list of every little detail that went wrong from pre...