Wednesday 10 October 2018

Digital Painting Session 4

For this session of Digital Painting, Simon wanted us to draw lines and shapes that draw the viewers attention.
To do this we selected a thumbnail from our chosen cities and draw over it. Unfortunately, all of my scanned thumbnails are at home, so I had to use a really low quality screenshot from my greenlight review.


So next I added some lines are basic colour. Not going to lie, I didn't really know what I was doing. It wasn't that I was distracted, I just wasn't with it properly.

After we all started working, Simon started walking around the room. Eventually he made his way to me. Honestly, he was very helpful.
I had a general idea of what I wanted to do, but I could quite visualise it fully, so he helped me with that by drawing some very rough sketches.


These two simple sketches have really shown me to think more about spacing, size and perspective.
I then completely redrew the thumbnail with what Simon had shown me in mind


It's still not perfect, but I now have much more of an idea of what I'm going to do with the city of Diomira.

1 comment:

  1. a leap forwards, Terry - an exciting update! Onwards!

    ReplyDelete

Major - Reflective Statement

I won't lie, if I really wanted to I could make this reflective statement just be a list of every little detail that went wrong from pre...