Wednesday 10 October 2018

Maya Session 3

In our third Maya session we were texturing and colouring. We were also shown how rendering works.

With the completed car, Simon started to teach us how to texture and colour it. Honestly, making the Lego bricks look like plastic is a lot easier that I expected it to be.



Simon went through this page with us. Firstly, I made a blue plastic, then a dark grey plastic, followed by a light grey plastic and then black rubber. After that we had to make the clear pieces. Simon wanted us to make it glass and then make it a bit cloudy to look like clear plastic, but I found it easier to merge the plastic and glass presets to get a better texture.



Here is what my car looks like in the build screen.

At some point in the session Simon had us explore the render window.



Even with the directional light, it still looks very dark. Maybe because this isn't a full render? I don't know. All I know is that I now know how to texture and colour models. I also remember that the renderer we use is called Arnold. It's still early days in Maya at the moment, it'll sink in the more I use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Major - Reflective Statement

I won't lie, if I really wanted to I could make this reflective statement just be a list of every little detail that went wrong from pre...