Friday 29 November 2019

"Life Drawing" - Session 8

This wasn't a life drawing lesson, but it was a lesson.

This session had us down in the base room for a lesson on the rule of cool.
The rule of cool is the rule that an audience's suspension of disbelief can be pushed further than normal as long as the thing requiring the suspension is cool. If a film maker can pull it off, the rule of cool can help elevate the audience reception of the film, but it fails and the audience doesn't think the cool thing works, it can break the entire perception of the film.

For actual work this session, Simon got a random prompt generator up and our task was to draw the coolest thing we could think of.

Prompt 1: A slightly agitated historical figure livin' la vida loca.
I drew Henry VIII drowning in chicken drumsticks.

Prompt 2: A fast-talking werewolf striking an unflattering pose.
Errr, it's unflattering... at least.
I don't know how to draw anthro-animals.

Prompt 3: A sick knight vaping while wearing a fedora.
I decided to drew my knight from character design.

Prompt 4: A gelatinous bear traveling back in time.
Any excuse to draw an unhappy gummy bear being eaten by an Allosaurus Fragilis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Major - Reflective Statement

I won't lie, if I really wanted to I could make this reflective statement just be a list of every little detail that went wrong from pre...