Wednesday 6 November 2019

Character Design - Session 5

This session of Character Design was about facial expressions.

Justin showed us varies expressions that a human can pull and then he tasked us with drawing our own faces while blending some of the expressions together.



He then gave us a random object or building that we had to create a character out of. He gave me a church.

I started by drawing a couple actual churches

I then decided to do this with it. Take that as you will.

Our last task before lunch was to create facial expressions with animals. Justin asked me to draw a llama.

Starting with some ordinary llamas

Then tried to give it a somewhat snobby personality.

Back to the main project. I decided to use this lesson to explore the Archer's face a bit.

Luckily, Justin didn't hate these. He did suggest a few changes, mostly with the actual structure of the faces.

The Archer needed to look lankier and his face a bit more rounded. Justin also ask that I make the knight's helmet more aggressive looking, so I did that.

I also started plotting out the main action of the scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Major - Reflective Statement

I won't lie, if I really wanted to I could make this reflective statement just be a list of every little detail that went wrong from pre...