Friday 18 October 2019

Character Design - Session 2

This week in Character Design, we had two tasks in the morning with us just continuing our project in the afternoon.

Task 1


For task 1 we were assigned a film with a distinct style and then we had to create an original character for that world. I was given Blue Sky's Robots (2005). I haven't seen this film since it came out and I'm not the biggest fan of its style, so I found this quite difficult.


Anyway, this is my first attempt. I designed it based on a general idea of the main characters, but Justin said it looks too much like the main character, which to be honest, it does. It the corner you may notice a small new design which I started to flesh out.


Unfortunately, I never actually finished it.

Task 2


For task 2 we had to draw a character from the film in the style from our project. So I chose the character "Bigweld" in stained glass style.


Honestly, stained glass is kinda annoying for me as most stained glass art is kinda realistic in details, whereas I have quite a cartoony-ish default style.

Project



I need to resign the archer a little bit still, but I think I'm slowly getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Major - Reflective Statement

I won't lie, if I really wanted to I could make this reflective statement just be a list of every little detail that went wrong from pre...