Friday 11 October 2019

Character Design - Session 1

Unlike last year, where we only started character design in the last term, this year we're starting immediately.

Exercise 1


In this first set of drawings Justin gave us a random item to research and we had to study the item and then draw it. After drawing the item, we then had to draw a character based on the item.
I was told to look up a judges wig.

Exercise 2


Just before we began our next task, Justin talked about caricatures and how they are exaggerated portraits. After his explanation, he asked us to draw the person next to us. So I drew Katerin. Sorry mate.

Exercise 3


Before our lesson with Justin, during our briefing with Alan, we were given a subject that our main character design project would be about. I got:
Character: An Archer or a Knight
Conceit / Trait: Stained Glass / Nervous
World: Medieval England
Scene: Last Minute Escape
Action: Using their weapon


For this session we were just focusing on our characters. So I started researching medieval knights and archers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Major - Reflective Statement

I won't lie, if I really wanted to I could make this reflective statement just be a list of every little detail that went wrong from pre...