Saturday 3 November 2018

Digital Painting Session 5

In this session Simon wanted to prepare us for the 'What If? Metropolis' project.
To do this he had us research the artist: René Lalique.
While we did this, Simon also explained the difference between Art Nouveau and Art Deco.
He also wanted us to pick a particular type of architecture for us to base a city off of.
I decided to use New York.

We were then asked to collect examples of our chosen architecture and of Lalique's work.
With the images we collected, we then went over them with the polygon lasso and filled them in with different shades of grey to create shapes.




With these shapes I then created some mock thumbnails in preparation for the next project.
The designs on the left are the thumbnails and the stuff on the right were the shapes I used to create them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Major - Reflective Statement

I won't lie, if I really wanted to I could make this reflective statement just be a list of every little detail that went wrong from pre...