Tuesday 20 November 2018

Maya: Intro Project

Since the beginning of term we had slowly been working through Alan's Maya tutorials with Simon. This introductory project was to create a Lego car.

I forgot to take screenshots of the modelling and rigging processes, but I did create a still image and a quick animation.

Here's the completed model


And here's the completed animation. (Animated in Maya and edited in After Effects)



After the car was finished, Simon asked us to create our own Lego vehicle using everything we learned.
I decided to make a tank.


This was actually more complicated than the car, not because I decided it should have 6 wheels (rigging the wheels was actually quite easy), but because of the cannon at the front. The cylinder pieces were something that I had to create brand new. It was far less difficult than I had anticipated. I simply repeated the steps to create a normal 1x1 block, but instead of starting with a cube I started with a cylinder.


Not going to lie, I'm excited for what comes next with Maya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Major - Reflective Statement

I won't lie, if I really wanted to I could make this reflective statement just be a list of every little detail that went wrong from pre...