Monday 20 April 2020

Premise - Character Designs *New*

Since my last set of character designs I have taken on-board a new set of inspirations, most important of which is the UPA art style, which is the aesthetic I'd like to imitate with this project going forward.

With that here are my new character designs:

The hero






Main Inspirations: Roger Ramjet, Superman, The Chin

This design is not too different from my last version of this character. I want to emphasise the heroic elements with his design.


The Villain






Main Inspirations: Dr. Doofenshmirtz, Waluigi, Bowler Hat Guy

A complete overhaul from my previous design. I wanted this villain to look sleazy and crooked, this is so he looks completely opposite site from the hero.


The Henchmen






For the villain's henchmen I wanted to play a bit more with their personalities and incorporate those into their designs.
Blue doesn’t know why they're here.
Red is a bit of a bumbling oaf.
Green can't get the motorcycle helmet off of their head, which results in them being muffled.

1 comment:

  1. Look up 'Cartoon Modern' and look at the 'base shape' design rules.

    ReplyDelete

Major - Reflective Statement

I won't lie, if I really wanted to I could make this reflective statement just be a list of every little detail that went wrong from pre...