Friday 22 February 2019

FSTS: Reflective Statement

I'm not going to lie, I'm disappointed in myself  over this project. Not in terms of the work produced, but my work ethic.
In terms of the work produced, I'm certainly pleased with what I created. On reflection, I can definitely see cracks and faults, but if I made more time I'm sure I could easily have addressed them.
In my crit feedback, Phil and Simon, noted my reliance on maya to block out environments. They told me I need to stop doing this as they feel that my work without a crutch can develop much better. I agree. Phil told me to stop using the same tools and Simon told me to stop worrying so much about perspective. I will try my hardest to resist falling back to my blocky default in favour of creating something new and, hopefully, better.

Honestly I have little excuse for my lack of work done and uploaded this term.
I need to use this coming reading week to my full advantage in order to get all toolkit work and reviews left over completed and uploaded. I know I can do it.


In Summary:

  • I intend to use this coming reading week to catch up on work that should have already been done.
  • I'm going to stop using maya to create perspective and instead I will just draw freely and see how that goes.
  • I'm going to complete work as soon as I get it from now on so I don't end up in the situation of having a massive 'to do' list again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Major - Reflective Statement

I won't lie, if I really wanted to I could make this reflective statement just be a list of every little detail that went wrong from pre...