Tuesday 18 September 2018

Digital Painting Session 1

As practice for digital painting, Simon had us plan out Octavia. We created an influence map and some thumbnails.



As you can see my influence map isn't exactly great, nor was it actually finished. Since this was more practice than anything else, the ones I am actually creating for the project contain much more.


These thumbnails were the first thing I've ever actually drawn in photoshop. As you can see I forgot to number them and they are all very rough. Most of the thumbnails I'm drawing for the full project are drawn in pencil, but I might do a few on photoshop as well, just so I can get used to the program.

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff, Terry - just remember to number your thumbnails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terry, great first effort!
    Yes, it's a good idea to explore all sorts of mark-making at the thumbnail stage...Photoshop is great once you start thinking about the colour palette, for example.
    Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Major - Reflective Statement

I won't lie, if I really wanted to I could make this reflective statement just be a list of every little detail that went wrong from pre...