Wednesday 26 September 2018

Digital Painting Session 2

For our second session on digital painting, Simon had us use Photoshop's polygonal lasso tool to recreate preexisting art with only 3 shades.

Firstly we selected one or two scenes from any film we wanted. I chose Spider-Man: Homecoming. Then we tried to recreate the scenes by creating abstract shapes that were black, white or 50% grey.



Here's what I created. Not going to lie, I found it difficult to replicate the scene without outright tracing. Looking at it now, I can see where I could have added extra shading.
I could have added some black where the van door is open, I could have made the sky and the window white. But we moved onto the second task of the day, before I noticed that.

We had to do the same again, but this time with another piece of art created by a famous artist. (I cannot remember who I chose, so I'll add the name here when I find out later)


Firstly, I went through and cut out all the different shades with the polygonal lasso tool. I did go back and add some detail with the brush, mostly because I was getting annoyed with the lasso. After, we was told to add some colour. Marble I white, I honestly didn't really know what to do, other than add some shades of cream and blue. I wanted to make the colours blend in a bit more, but I have no idea how to do that, so I guess I need to do some more experimenting on Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Major - Reflective Statement

I won't lie, if I really wanted to I could make this reflective statement just be a list of every little detail that went wrong from pre...