Friday 16 April 2021

Major - Interim Hand-in


Just to clarify, I do need to do some tweaking to the toon shaders to get them working better.
I also need to finishing the weighting for all 5 characters. This should take at most a couple weeks; which brings us to the issue of what will I actually be able to submit at the end.

Of course, in a perfect world I'd have the completed story animation that was planned back in premise, however since time may not allow for a completed product I have an alternate idea.

I am seriously losing steam on this project and my motivation isn't exactly high, so I think some alterations are in order. I do want to create this story, but I fear I won't be able to in the time left.
So new idea, using the characters I have already created, I could make a series of 5 to 30 second, slapstick style skits, compiled into one video (roughly about 4 minutes long). These skits would stick to the theme I was going with, as well as, keeping the art style and characterisation, the major difference would be the removal of the story.
This would also solve the issue of there being too much talking with not much action.

I may not have explained this idea very well here, so I wish to explain my idea more clearly on Monday at uni.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Major - Reflective Statement

I won't lie, if I really wanted to I could make this reflective statement just be a list of every little detail that went wrong from pre...