Saturday 7 November 2020

Minor - Epic Man Redesign (Klepto-Man & Script V5)

 So I wasn't super fond of the original name "Epic Man" and have been looking to replace it all summer, I believe I finally got a final name for the character.

Since the final joke in the script portrays the hero as a kleptomaniac, I wanted to play with this for the name as a way of setting up the joke. I've been trying to decide if I prefered "Captain Klepto" or "Klepto-Man". I've currently settled on Klepto-Man as it flows a little better in the script.

Here's some quick sketch work on the redesign. If you remember back to my Epic Man design, you'll notice it's not very different, that's because the classic superhero look is still what I'm going for, I just wanted the design to fit more with someone called Klepto-Man.

All that's really changed is I've added a bandana to cover his face. I'm unsure whether it should replace his hair or not. I also haven't decided if his eyes will have pupils or not.

I still don't know what to do with the symbol on his chest, or if he should even have a symbol.

The main difference in this design will be colour. Epic Man was yellow and orange, warm, friendly colours, whereas with Klepto-Man I want to use light blue and teal, colder, but still quite friendly.


Other than redesigning the character, I've also been working on the script. Moving from script v4a, I've written 5a and 5b.

5a is the exact same as 4a, but "Epic Man" has been replaced with "Klepto-Man".



5b changes some of the dialogue from the narrator in the opening. This is based on my meeting with Tom, where we joked about the city seeing Klepto-Man more as an annoyance than a superhero. I quite like this idea, but I would much like to hear other opinions on this.



If you read these two scripts, please tell me which one you prefer and if there's anything you think needs changing. I'd like any feedback as I would honestly like for version 6 of my script to be my final.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Major - Reflective Statement

I won't lie, if I really wanted to I could make this reflective statement just be a list of every little detail that went wrong from pre...