Friday 23 October 2020

Minor - Updates (Script V3 & Some new ideas)

 After my Jetpack Jones submission I took quite a long break for numerous reasons, but alas here we are back again and it's time to kick the 3rd year into gear.

A few things.

1. I was planning on getting my animatic completely finished before coming back, but I was unable to due to mental health complications. Not that it matters now anyway, the script is being updated.

2. Speaking of the script, Tom requested that I give him an updated script so he could have a better understanding of my idea. I have now done this. I've only update a couple lines here and there, but I have completely overhauled the ending. I'm hoping this version will be funnier.


3. I need to change the name of the title character. "Epic Man" is really only a placeholder until I can think of something much better. I was thinking of something like "Captain Klepto", which plays into the joke of the ending, but I'm unsure of it.

4. I have also been thinking of removing one of the henchmen, which would mostly be helpful in saving time when character modelling/rigging. But I am aware this would require a bit of story rewrite to effectively combine the roles of two of the henchmen.

5. And lastly, for the character designs in 3D I had an idea about how to do the eyes, eyebrows and mouths of the characters. I'm wondering if it's possible to animatable planes that I can move around the heads. I think if I can pull of this idea correctly, it would lend itself excellently to the heavily stylised and cartoon art style.


If I haven't explained an idea very well here or there is something wrong with the script, please do let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Major - Reflective Statement

I won't lie, if I really wanted to I could make this reflective statement just be a list of every little detail that went wrong from pre...