Monday 11 March 2019

Soundscapes: All original, unedited sound files

I've uploaded all 27 different audio files to soundcloud so I could embed them here. Hopefully it works. There were more records, but some of them either didn't pick up the audio well enough or the wind was too strong and ruined the audio.



Audio Descriptions:

Boiler - A loud hum emitted from a hot water boiler.

Budgie Playing in Cage - My Nan's pet budgie often plays around in its cage, creating crashing and dinging sounds.

Chewing Gum - Produces a wet, gross sound.

Computer Hum - My computer is quite old and produces a very loud humming from its fans.

Crisp Dissolving - By placing a single Quaver crisp on my tongue, it started creating little snaps and pops.

Crushing Crisps - Crushing Quavers in my dry hands creates a nice crunching sound.

Distant Bird Sounds - The sound of birds in the distance.

Door Opening and Closing - Opening and closing a door, creating a long whining sound and a sudden loud slam.

Eating Crisps - Eating Quavers, creating crunching sounds of various volume.

Fridge Interior - A hum created by the cold fan inside a fridge.

Hitting a Tarp - A large tarp being held down and beaten.

Jelly - The sounds on opening a pot of jelly, hitting the bottom of the pot and squelching around with the jelly itself.

Rustling Leaves - The sound of leaves rustling in the wind

Mum Snoring - My mum feel asleep in the living room. With some editing, I think this could be used to make a really interesting sound.

Opening Crisps - The straining sound of opening a pack of Quavers.

Opening a Chest Freezer - The sound of opening up a large chest freezer. I did record the inside as well, in hopes of another cold hum, however the sound was barely noticeable.

Radiator Hum - The loud hum produced by an active radiator.

Rubbing Crisps Together - A scratching sound created by rubbing two Quaver Crisps together.

Rustling Sweet Packet - By playing with a tube of Millions, a crinkling sound was created.

Toilet Extractor Fan - Staring with a loud click, the extractor fan creates a very clear sound.

Unknown Fan (With a loud bang) - A very loud extractor fan coming from a room we couldn't pin down. The audio also features a loud bang (Presumably from a door nearby)

Various Budgie Noises - After almost an hour of it messing with me (it wouldn't make any noise when I recorded, but started screeching when I stopped), I finally recorded the budgie making bird noises.

Vehicles Passing - The sound of a bus and a couple large cars driving by.

Water Running - The sound of a tap being turned on, turned up and then turned off.

Waving a Piece of Cloth - Trying to get the sound of something going quickly and creating wind. Also includes light patting sounds.

Waving the Mic Around - Same as the cloth, but is achieved with just the Mic.

Wind Chimes - In my garden there is a wind chime hanging there. Making my only musical sound in the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Major - Reflective Statement

I won't lie, if I really wanted to I could make this reflective statement just be a list of every little detail that went wrong from pre...